Wednesday, December 23, 2015

17- The Phantom of the Opera

    THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA

 You can refer Phantom as a ghost or a physical demonstration of the spirit. Speaking of phantom, last December 17, 2015 we watched a play entitled 'The Phantom of the Opera'. The Phatom of the Opera is a musical by Andrew Lloyd Webber. Webber is known as an English composer and an impresario of musical theatre.

  This musical play is superb! The voice of each character is excellent. I idolize Christine Daae because of her beautiful voice,  it gives me goosebumps every time she sings. I also love the part when Christine met the phantom, that she finally met him and when Christine and Raoul reminisces about the "Angel of Music". After meeting Raoul, the phantom suddenly appears in Christine's mirror. Christine and the Phantom are portrayed by Sarah Brightman and Michael Crawford. One of the best part also in the musical play is when the Phantom and Christine crosses a subterranean lake to his secret lair. Then the phantom explains why he chooses Christine to sing his music. While Christine awakens from her sleep because of the mannequin, the Phantom composes music at his organ.

   I find it creepy when I saw the face of the Phantom, his lips are chapped and his skin is very wrinkled, but I admire the perfection of his voice. All in all, the cast nailed every character that they portrayed. As I've watched the movie, I felt like I'm actually watching the play live. And all I can say is 'WOW'




source of picture: https://www.google.com.ph/imgres?imgurl=https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-RSM0mPBSkrI/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAR8/_S74Mi4hnmM/s0-c-k-no-ns/photo.jpg&imgrefurl=https://plus.google.com/u/0/101928227383848124091&h=1654&w=1654&tbnid=DHUXiS6-GzwvfM:&tbnh=160&tbnw=160&docid=BGbo6EVNuBcQ1M&itg=1&usg=__YD0fML5iwohQ3kTIszBj_OLrga8=

No comments:

Post a Comment